Thursday, April 17, 2014
Trío Los Panchos / Sin Tí: "La vida es un Sueño"
This painting was inspired by "La Vida es Un Sueño" The writer in the Los Angeles Stories speaks of himself so highly saying that "Mariachis are a mestizo class, specializing in the primitive music of the migrant and the homesick. I am educated. I read the staff, I know the ostinato, crescendo, obbligato. Trio is refined and elegant (55). Well, mariachi know how to do all of the above, but through my painting I wanted to highlight humility. Where mariachis take root is in humble towns that while they didn't have access to education in earlier years, they were still able to create beautiful music. I took a flip on his songs. In "La Vida es Un Sueño" El Trio sings "Que la vida nos separó, sin querer. Caminemos tal vez nos veremos después." I painted the lovers reuniting in a dream but through the origins of a humble town. The trio is not all that higher in excellence as they still sing about the same themes that mariachi groups sing about: heart break, love, romance, reuniting, etc.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment