Adiós Mi Chaparrita...
Adiós mi chaparrita
no llores por tu pancho
que si se va del rancho
muy pronto volverá
Verás que del bajio
te traigo cosas buenas
un beso que tus penas
muy pronto olvidarás
Los moñitos pa´ tus trenzas...
No llores chula mía
porque me voy "tristeando"
y quiero irme cantando
que el llanto me hace mal
Alegres siempre fuimos
y cuando vuelva quiero
recibas tu ranchero
sonriendo como el sol
I see the connection between "Adiós Mi Chaparrita" and Alfonso Reyes's poem: "Sierva Enemiga," but I am going to ignore Alfonso Reyes for this post because I took a completely different interpretation from reading la letra de "Adiós mi Chaparrita." Now reading the lyrics closely, it's not that romantic, and I was able to find connection to the lyrics in my grandfather's parting. I think that's all that needs to be said. The lyrics speak for themselves and they inspired this last painting for this class.

No comments:
Post a Comment